One God-Damn Hit?: NFL Picks O' The Week: Week 15


If you're offended by the word fuck, then get the fuck out.

Friday, December 18, 2009

NFL Picks O' The Week: Week 15

I've been using the lines from ESPN's Pigskin Pick 'Em for these posts and it's fucking annoying because while 99% of the betting world had the Colts at -3.5 last night, ESPN left the line at -6.5, costing me a win last night. Sure, I thought the Colts would still cover but still, fucking annoying.

I'm torn on whether or not I want to see the Colts, or the Saints for that matter, go for a 16-0 regular season. On one hand, I think it's fucking stupid to rest your starters unless it's absolutely necessary and having the Colts go 16-0 and then collapse in the playoffs would be fucking awesome. But what if they DO finish the job and go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl? Holy fucking shit I'm not sure I could handle that. I mean we're talking about the ultimate kick in the balls as a Patriots fan. What a fucking nightmare. Let's stop thinking about that and get on with games, shall we?

Home teams in CAPS (using ESPN's stupid lines)

NEW ORLEANS (-7.5) over Dallas
I don't get all the chatter from Dallas about how they're not going to "cow down" to the Saints on Saturday night. Well no fucking shit. Who the fuck thought they were just going to lie down and let the Saints march all over them? The Cowboys are fighting for their playoff lives AND trying to squash all this December choke talk so of course they're going to play hard. It won't fucking matter though. The Saints are too good, especially at home. And while there's some doubt about whether or not Indy is going to back off approaching the playoffs, the Saints have maintained all along that they're going balls to the wall for the entire season.

New England (-7.5) over BUFFALO
This game isn't the ideal situation for the Randy Moss redemption game that I'm hoping for. The weather is going to be complete dogshit and I'm guessing the Pats focus on the running game and ride Laurence Maroney for over 100 yards rushing. Maroney has been running hard lately, quieting the (deserved) criticism that he's taken for the majority of his career as a Patriot and I fucking love it. And if I just jinxed him, fuck me in the ear. Also, you can bet for a couple of absolute bombs to be thrown Moss's way in the first quarter. How those plays turn out will go a long way in determining the rest of the game plan for the Pats.

Arizona (-10.5) over DETROIT
Before the Monday night game I was all set to make this my suicide pick this week. What the fuck, people? Seven fucking turnovers? Jesus. I think they bounce back and beat the piss out of the Lions but that game, plus the injury to Larry Fitzgerald, scared me enough to change my suicide pick.

TENNESSEE (-3.5) over Miami
In other words, bet the house on the Dolphins. God they fucking own me.

KANSAS CITY (-2.5) over Cleveland
Is there any chance that the Browns put together two good weeks in a row? No fucking way, right? What a shitty game.

Houston (-9.5) over ST. LOUIS
Suicide pick alert! If the Texans can't beat a Rams team that a) fucking sucks, and 2) had to cancel practice because of a swine flu outbreak then I'm going to fly to Houston and jam a merciless pepper of Quetzlzacatenango in Matt Schaub's eye.

Atlanta (+6.5) over NEW YORK JETS
When I originally made this pick I thought the game was in Atlanta. Not sure why. Whatever, I just like picking against the Jets.

PHILADELPHIA (-7.5) over San Francisco
This one makes me nervous. After winning that thriller against the Giants this seems like the type of game that Eagles fans get all excited for only to get sucker punched and left for dead. But even so, a win here pretty much locks up the NFC East for Philly and I think they'll get it done handily. DeSean Jackson is a fucking animal.

BALTIMORE (-10.5) over Chicago
The Ravens are still alive for a wild card spot in the AFC so they're going to come out guns blazing. And on the other side of the ball, Cutler fucking sucks. At least 3 picks, right?

SAN DIEGO (-6.5) over Cincinnati
Let's just leave it at that in the aftermath of the Chris Henry death.

Oakland (+13.5) over DENVER
The Raiders are kind of a pain in the ass now that JaMarcus has been benched for good. This line seems pretty high for a team that peaked in Week 6.

PITTSBURGH (-0.5) over Green Bay
The Steelers can't lose 6 in a row, can they? Right? Anyone? Bueller?

Tampa Bay (+7.5) over SEATTLE
The Seahawks should not be giving ANYONE more than a touchdown. Not even the 1-win Bucs. Sorry Booze, but your team blows. Although if you take enough Vicodin I'm sure you'll enjoy the game anyway.

Minnesota (-7.5) over CAROLINA
Man I can't wait for the Vikings to win this game and then have Carolina talk shit about Adrian Peterson or Percy Harvin. Oh you took Randy Moss out of the game? Congratulations fucksticks, because while you had 3 guys covering Moss, Wes Welker dominated the shit out of the rest of the team. But seriously, congrats on the Moss thing. Maybe next time you'll try to actually fucking win the game.

New York Giants (-3.5) over WASHINGTON
I'm sticking with my original pick here even though Vinny Cerrato's resignation might push the Skins to a victory here.