One God-Damn Hit?: My Favorite Things of the Weekend


If you're offended by the word fuck, then get the fuck out.

Monday, December 7, 2009

My Favorite Things of the Weekend

So it's been forever since I've posted, and now that I've been called out, I suppose it's time I post something. And while I'm listening to Jaws, Gruden, and Tirico butt-fuck the Ravens or the Packers (it depends on who has the momentum), I figured I'd let you guys know some of the things that made me smile this weekend.

1. The Dawgs finally kicking somebody's ass

I know Cal is basically college football's version of the Dallas Cowboys in December, but boy was that fun to watch. Because it might have been Jake Locker's last game as a Husky, and because it reminded me that the Dawgs were just one win away from being bowl eligible, it was slightly bittersweet. But it was the first time in 2+ years that I got to see the Dawgs play in person, and with that came some great tailgating. Not only did I have my first cigarette in 2 years, but I also threw down my first chew since fucking high school. I have no idea what inspired me to do that, since I think chewing is goddamn disgusting, but it was a badass time. My only regret is that I left right before that clumsy fuck BoozeRob broke his ankle.

1a. Tim Tebow crying like a fucking bitch

I absolutely love that this overhyped, incessantly adored sack of shit got his ass kicked by 'Bama. Being caught crying on camera (though I'm sure all the Tebow lovers will say this shows his desire, compassion, and love for his team and the sport of football) was that much better. Look at this picture - I mean, does it get any better than that? I GUESS GOD'S A TIDE FAN YOU MOTHERFUCKER!




2. Watching Tom Brady hang his head while on all fours after tossing an interception

This makes me happy for two reasons: (1) I hate the Patriots, and (2) it means I get a pissed off, crazy rant from The Mark Show on Monday. The Pats ended up losing, and we got a killer rant from the FPP leader. Excellent.

3. Kentucky beating North Carolina in hoops

Before you assholes call me a front-running fuck, I was born in Lexington and have literally rooted for Kentucky my entire life. My parents have a picture of me in a goddamn Kentucky onesie (or however its spelled), so get off my ass! But John Wall is the fucking shit, Patrick Patterson is a beast, and if Demarcus Cousins can stop acting like a fucking 5 year old and just let his talent do the talking, these guys are going to be a nightmare in the tournament. They may be too young to go to the Final Four or win a championship, but goddamn are they fun to watch.

4. Brett Favre finally coming back to earth

My dad grew up in Wisconsin, so the Packers are another team I've rooted for my entire life. But ever since Favre left Green Bay, my dad is convinced that Aaron Rodgers is basically the NFC's version of Jamarcus Russell. I'm only half-serious, he really does not think Rodgers is good and has all of a sudden started watching Vikings games (what the fuck?!?) so he can watch Favre. So to watch Favre throw those boner interceptions that we're so used to seeing him throw was sweet bliss. Anyways though, for Rodgers to make my dad happy he has to accomplish in 2 years of being the starter what Brett did in 16. Not too difficult, no?

5. The Packers taking care of business tonight against the Ravens

This was a close one. At first I wanted to go with the big, bad Steelers losing to the FUCKING RAIDERS AT HOME. And then I wanted to go with Hines "I'm a big fat fuckhead" Ward likely sitting out next week's game only a week after he called out Big Ben for being a pussy for sitting out a game when Ben had a concussion. I guess according to Hines though, a hamstring injury is more serious than a head injury - OBVIOUSLY.

Shit I got off topic. Anyways, the Packers are 8-4 and probably need to only go 2-2 the rest of the way to get into the playoffs, where, given my luck, we'll have Favre Bowl III and my dad's head will explode because he won't know if he should root for the Packers or for his ol' buddy Brett.