One God-Damn Hit?: NFL Picks O' The Week: Wild Card Round!


If you're offended by the word fuck, then get the fuck out.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

NFL Picks O' The Week: Wild Card Round!

Holy fucking shit, it's fucking playoff time! It's time for the remaining NFL teams to start their journey to name, an actual, legit, undisputed champion. Fuck yeah!

This year's playoffs are going to a bittersweet time for me. You see, at this time next year I'm going to have a 6-7 month old kid wreaking havoc on my life in general and as detailed by Big Daddy Drew and mentioned by The Sports Guy, having a kid or kids around is not conducive to spending all weekend watching playoff football. So this year, I'm watching every fucking game, in it's fucking entirety, no matter what Wifey has to say about it!

Another reason I'm fired up is that I've made a commitment to make a different slow cooker dish for each day of the playoffs. For the past 2 and a half years, I've used the slow cooker a few times a year to make my world famous chili. It's fucking delicious and awesome, no matter what my ass has to say the next day. It's a price well worth paying. But chili is the only thing I've ever cooked in the crock pot, which is kinda fucking stupid. Because pretty much anything you cook in a crock pot is fucking amazing, and even better, it's amazingly easy to cook. You just throw a bunch of shit in the slow cooker and let it fucking slow cook.

Our first dish of the playoffs is Slow Cooker BBQ Beef, which is kind of like a beef version of pulled pork, sort of. I prepared everything last night and then got up at 7 this morning and hucked it all in the pot. In about 9 hours I'm going to be stuffing my face with some awesome bbq beef sandwiches. Fuck. Yes. Tomorrow is going to be beef stew. Simple, yet awesome.

Let's get to the fucking games, shall we?

Home team in CAPS

CINCINNATI (-2.5) over New York Jets
In a wild card round filled with good matchups, this is the one shit bomb. Cincy fucking limped to the playoffs after starting the year so well and the Jets only got in because the Colts are a bunch of fucking piece of shit pussies and because the Bengals didn't give a shit about trying for the 3rd seed on Sunday night.

The focus here is obviously going to be on SanCHEZ (why can't some announcers say his fucking name right? Fucking dickheads, there's no emphasis on the CHEZ!) and how he handles his first ever playoff start. Well, I say he doesn't handle it well. I also think Ochocinco is going to have a fairly good game against Revis. Ocho was embarrassed last weekend and I think we've reached the point where the hype surrounding "Revis Island" is too high and he gets knocked down a peg in the most important game of the season.

And one more thing, I can't believe people actually got worked about Rex Ryan saying he thought his Jets should be the Super Bowl favorites. First of all, it's that fat fuck Rex Ryan, so anything he says should be taken only half-seriously (unless he's being a whiny little bitch, or crying, then you can take him seriously), and second, what the fuck do you expect him to say? It's nice to have a coach show some confidence in his team, even it is a bunch of false bravado from a fat fucking dipshit.

But, having said all that, doesn't it sound like delicious karma for the Jets to just get destroyed here so we can all hope that some reporter has the balls to ask Rexy about being the Super Bowl favorites? Holy fuck that would be the greatest thing ever.

Update! Thanks to Adam Schefter and Twitter we now have this piece of hilariousness:

Adam_Schefter When Rex Ryan showed the Jets their month-long playoff itinerary, it included the Super Bowl parade on Feb. 9. Players loved it

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! If there is a god the Jets will get creamed and someone will bring this up postgame. Please let this happen. I don't ask for much.

Philadelphia (+4) over DALLAS
People, it's your last fucking chance to hit that mother fucking video board! I'm so disappointed by this. After all the preseason controversy I couldn't fucking wait for this thing to be pummeled by punt after punt after punt. Fucking Jerry Jones. They raised the video board for a U2 concert without any fucking problem at all, but they couldn't do it for the NFL? Fuck you, Jerry Jones! And now, it doesn't even fucking matter because not one single punter even came close to nailing it. Fucking lame.

As for the game, (and the other NFC game for that matter) I have absolutely no fucking clue what to expect. I'm just pumped to watch what should be an exciting game of big plays, big fuckups, and big fat fucking coaches. I'm going with Philly only because I think they'll bounce back from last week's stinkbomb, which didn't get skewered by the media nearly enough. I mean, a win gets them the 2nd seed and a first round by and they come out flat and score zero points? Fucking pathetic.

NEW ENGLAND (-3) over Baltimore
I'll admit that I'm fucking nervous about this game. Like, really nervous. But I think the Pats do enough to win. For whatever reason, I have a feeling that Randy Moss has a big game here. 10+ catches, 100+ yards and at least one TD. And of course, the refs will fuck Baltimore over cuz that's what they always do, right?

There are other things at stake here as well, the most important being my playoff beard. Well, "beard" may not be the best description of what I've got going on with my facial hair at the moment. It's pretty much the worst thing ever. But it's also hilarious and awesome and I love it. The wife? She does not love it. And that's a fucking understatement. But hey, it's my fucking playoff beard and I'm fucking keeping it until the Pats are out. And that fucking better not be Sunday.

So without further ado, here it is: My playoff beard, started December 31, 2009 at 7am. Now with extra nose hair!


ARIZONA (PK) over Green Bay
I'm sorry, I can't take Green Bay vs. Favre again. I just can't. And I don't think the football gods can either. It can't happen. It won't happen. And that's that.

Then again, like I said before, I have absolutely no fucking clue what's going to happen in the NFC.

It's going to be a fucking rad playoff season, people. Enjoy the fucking ride!